The option of SolusVM Auto Reinstall doesn’t allow you to alter or create a custom partition but you can physically install an Operating System by following these subsequent directions:
1. Login to your SolusVM cPanel.
2. If you have multiple VPS, choose the appropriate 1.
3. Scroll down, and under the “settings” tab, change the Boot Order to “(1) CDROM (2) Hard Disk”.
4. Now click on the “CDRom” tab and if the CD-ROM is already mounted, click on unmount and then select your operating system from list. Then click on “Mount”.
5. Reboot your VPS by just clicking on “Reboot” and it will display a confirmation window. Then click on “Yes”.
6. Now quickly click on VNC without waiting.
7. The new VNC page will open. Click on “Java VNC Client” or on the “VNC” button.
8. It will prompt for confirmation. Click “Ok” or “Continue” and it will show “Security Warning”. Accept it and click on “run”.
9. Most operating systems will ask you to “Click any button to start OS Installation” while booting. You just need to press any key on your keyboard when asked and the OS Installation/Reinstallation will start. It may also display you an field like “Install OS”, “Test this media”. For OS Installation/Reinstallation you need to select “Install OS” and press the enter button.
Once the installation starts, it will ask you to create partitions, set root/admin passwords, etc, while setting up the OS.
After installation is completed, don”t forget to set your VPS Boot Order to “(a) Hard Disk (b) CDROM”, or else it will reboot your VPS and instead of normal mode it will start in installation mode.