Is your IP address frequently blocked when you access a WordPress admin section or any type of script with a web browser? Are you left with the feeling that your IP is blocked or that the server is down or isn”t working?
If the answer is “Yes”, then it may have as a result of Mod Security.
What is Mod Security?
To protect your website from attacks ModSecurity is the best module.
Mod Security protects the website from hackers, attacks, a brute force attack, a cross-site request forgery(CSRF) and many other threats. Although it sometimes creates a problem, we do not suggest you disable it but instead, fix your software vulnerability.
Disabling ModSecurity can guide you to determine whether your IP or your client/visitor”s IP is blocked by ModSecurity. If it isn”t the case, however, it means that your IP is blocked for the other reason. However, if you are sure about that ModSecurity that is the reason your IP is blocked, then contact us and we will show the exact reason behind that, in order to solve your issue so that you will not be required to disable the module.
How to Enable or Disable Mod Security in cPanel?
1. Log into your cPanel account.
2. In the “Security” area, press on the “ModSecurity” Icon.
3. If ModSecurity is enabled, it shows a “Disable” option, press on it and ModSecurity will be disabled on your domains names. Next time, if you want to enable it, you will only need to press on “Enable”. This will enable it on all domains.
How to Disable ModSecurity Only on Selected Domains and not on All Domains?
If it is possible various domains and you want to disable or enable ModSecurity only on selected domains.
1. Login to cPanel from the “Security” area and press on the “ModSecurity” Icon.
2. Scroll down to the bottom of the page.
3. Under the “Status” option next to the domain, press on “On” or “Off”.