1. Log into your cPanel account.
2. In the “Software” area, you required to hit on “Softaculous App Installer” Icon.
3. cPanel will redirect you to the Softaculous Panel.
4. On the left side of your screen, you should locate the “Portal/CMS” category. Click on it and then click on the “Contao” link that will be appeared on your screen.
5. Click on the “Install” button.
6. Fill the necessary field under the “Software Setup” field:
Choose Protocol: You can leave this as it is.
Choose Domain: If you don’t have multiple domains, leave this as it is.
In Directory: If you would like to install this in a directory, for example, example.com/directory, enter the directory name. Or else, leave this blank to install in your main domain example.com
7. Under the “Admin Account” field enter the following information:
Admin Username: The default username is “Admin” and the edit option is disabled.
Admin Password: Use a strong password.
Real Name: Leave this as it is or use your full name.
Admin Email: Your e-mail address.
Note: Have a copy of the admin username and password on a notepad as the login particulars are essential to access the admin area of your Contao Website.
8. Advanced Options: Leave this as it is unless you want to change the database name or take an automated backup. Please see to it that you are not taking too many continuous backups as it can utilize a lot of disk space.
Finally, scroll down to the end of the page and click on the Install Button.