1. Log into your cPanel account.
2. In the “Software” category, hit on “Softaculous App Installer” Icon.
3. cPanel will revert you to the Softaculous Panel.
4. On the left side of your screen, you should locate the “Blogs” category. Press the “Blogs” option and then hit on the “Dotclear” link that will be on your screen.
5. Click on the “Install” button
6. Fill the necessary field under the “Software Setup” field:
Choose Protocol: You can leave this as it is.
Choose Domain: If you don’t have multiple domains, leave this as it is.
In Directory: If you would like to install this in a directory, for example, example.com/directory, insert the directory name. Elseways, leave it blank to install in your main domain example.com
7. Under the “Site Settings” field:
Site Name: Insert the name of your website, like “my first website”
8. In the “Admin Account” field fill up the subsequent information:
Admin Username: Your new Dotclear username (for security reason do not use the “Administrator” or the “Admin” username.)
Admin Password: Use a strong password.
First Name: Enter your first name
Last Name: Enter your last name.
Admin Email: Your e-mail address.
Note: Copy the admin username and password on a notepad as you will use these login particulars to access the admin area of your Dotclear blog.
Choose Language: You can choose the language of your Dotclear blog. The default language of Dotclear is English.
9. Advanced Options: Leave this as it is, unless you want to change the database name or take an automated backup. Please note that taking constant backups may take a lot of disk space.
Lastly, scroll down to the end of the page and hit on the Install Button.