1. Log into your cPanel account.
2. In the “Software” category, hit on “Softaculous App Installer” Icon.
3. cPanel will revert you to the Softaculous Panel.
4. On the left side of your screen you should locate the “Blogs” category. Click on it and then click on the “Serendipity” link that will appear.
5. Click on the “Install” button.
6. Fill the necessary field under the “Software Setup” field:
Choose Protocol: You can leave this as it is.
Choose Domain: If you don’t have multiple domains, leave this as it is.
In Directory: If you would like to install this in a directory, for example, example.com/directory, fill up the directory name. Elseways, you can leave it blank to install in your main domain example.com
7. Under the “Site Settings” field:
Site Name: Insert the name of your website, like “my first website”
Site Description: Site Description.
8. Under the “Admin Account” field fill up the subsequent information:
Admin Username: Your new Serendipity username ( for safety purpose do not operate it with “Administrator” or the “Admin” username .)
Admin Password: Use a strong password.
Real Name: Leave this as it is or enter your real name.
Admin Email: Your e-mail address.
Note: Have a copy of the admin username and password on a notepad as the login particulars are essential to access the admin area of your Serendipity blog.
Choose Language: You can choose the language of your Serendipity blog. English is the default language of Serendipity.
9. Advanced Options: Leave this as it is, unless you want to change the database name or take an automated backup.Please note that taking constant backups may take a lot of disk space.
Lastly, scroll down to the end of the page and click on the Install Button.