1. Log into your cPanel account.
2. In the “Software” section, you need to hit on “Softaculous App Installer” Icon.
3. When you click on “Softaculous App Installer” Icon cPanel will revert you to the Softaculous Panel.
4. On the left side of your screen, you should locate the “Forums” category. Click on it and then click on the “Vanilla” link that will be displayed.
5. Click on the “Install” button.
6. Fill up the needed essentials in the “Software Setup” option:
Choose Protocol: You can leave this as it is.
Choose Domain: If you don’t have multiple domains, leave this as it is.
In Directory: If you would like to install this in a directory, for example, example.com/directory, just mention the directory name. Or you can just leave it blank to install in your main domain example.com
7. Fill up the subsequent details in the “Board Settings” field:
Site Name: Rename your Forum such as “Your Domain Name – Gaming Forum”
8. In the “Admin Account” field fill up the subsequent information:
Admin Username: Your new Vanilla username ( for safety purpose do not operate it with “Administrator” or the “Admin” username .)
Admin Password: Use a strong password.
Admin Email: Your e-mail address. (Useful for administrator account password reset, notification, etc)
Note: Copy the admin username and password on a notepad as the login particulars are essential to access the admin area of your Vanilla Forum.
9. Advanced Options: Leave this as it is unless you want to change the database name or take an automated backup. Please see to it that you are not taking too many constant backups as it may take a lot of disk space.
Lastly, scroll down to the end of the page and click on the Install Button.