If your WordPress plugin isn’t operating properly otherwise you wish to re-install it even once it’s updated to its latest version, while not losing data, you’ll be able to try this with out removing the plugin.
You can do this with both active or deactivated plugins
1. Login to your WordPress admin dashboard.
2. Under the dashboard menu, hover your mouse over “Plugins” so click on “Installed Plugins”.
3. find the plugin you would like to forcefully update so click on €œEdit€.
4. in the editor, find the text:
Then you’ll only need to change it to:
Only change the version from a higher to a lower range.
5. Scroll down and click on €œUpdate File€. Then return to the €œInstalled Plugins€ list and you’ll see a text like €œThere may be a new edition of€¦€ and you’ll only need to click on €œUpdate now€. This will update your plugin€™s files.