1. Log into your cPanel account.
2. In the “Software” section, you need to hit on “Softaculous App Installer” Icon.
3. When you will click on the “Softaculous App Installer” Icon the cPanel will revert you back to the Softaculous Panel.
4. On the left side of your screen you should locate the “Forums” category. Click on it and then click on the “phpBB” link that will be displayed.
5. Click on the “Install” button.
6.Fill up the required details in the “Software Setup” field:
Choose Protocol: You can leave this as it is.
Choose Domain: If you don’t have multiple domains, leave this as it is.
In Directory: If you want to install this in a directory, for example example.com/forums, enter the directory name. Otherwise, leave this blank to install in your main domain example.com
7. Fill up the following details in the “Site Settings” field:
Board Name: Rename the forum
Site Description: Site Description
Board E-mail: The forums e-mail address.
8. In the “Admin Account” field fill up the required information:
Admin Username: Your new phpBB username (for security reason do not use the “Administrator” or the “Admin” username.)
Admin Password: Use a strong password.
Admin Email: Your e-mail address.
Note: Copy the admin username and password on a notepad as the login particulars are essential to access the admin area of your phpBB Forum.
9. Enter the subsequent details in the “Choose Language” field:
Select Language: The default language of the forum is English.
10. Advanced Options: Leave this as it is, unless you want to change the database name or take an automated backup.Please see to it that you are not taking too many continuous backups as it will utilize a lot of disk space.
At last, scroll down to the end of page and click on the Install Button.