Nowadays when we go online, we can see an endless stream of web content with a huge incursion of websites. Also not only that, these websites are struggling for attention from search engines. For this reason, there is an SEO process, which controls ranking and the title tag is what people see first. Here, we will discuss how it affects your site’s ranking in the search engines or not. first, let us see what exactly a title tag is?
You can check SEO Hosting packages from reliable source
Title Tags are important to SEO
- Come up with a unique title for your page; one that is concise and accurate about the content of the page.
- Keep the title 50-60 characters long so that they are not abridged in the SERPs.
Put important keywords first. Keep them because you are writing them for visitors and not search engines.
- If you have a brand keep that name in the titles.
Make sure that you have unique and high-quality content on your web page. Search engine algorithms tend to rank pages with good quality content higher. If you have spammy content on both your title tag and content. Then you may run the risk of rank-down by Google’s Panda algorithm as it checks on-site content quality.
Keep in mind that search engine algorithms focus on title tags from left to right. Meaning the most important keywords should be on the left, i.e., at the beginning of the tag. In case there are too many characters in your title. Search engines may penalize you by truncating your title, but important words protect. If you have the focused keywords at the start of your title. Google algorithms can understand the content of your page better. You will have a higher ranking for your web pages.
At present, Google allows only up to the first 70 characters of your title. Bing shows have up to 65 characters before trimming your title tag. So, the ideal length of your title tag must be between 60-65 characters. Also, avoid an “ALL CAP” title tag as it might restrict the number of characters. You can include by taking up more space than in case of lower-case letters or characters.
You can optimize your SEO title by incorporating focus keyword(s) from your content. You can also adopt this practice. Have no more than two keywords in each of your title tags; one of them being the focus keyword. Furthermore, you can make your title tag look like a phrase by adding long-tail keywords in them.
- As we discuss have focus keywords in the title tag is always important. as they play a major role as an on-page SEO factor. Do not overdo title tags with excessive keywords. As Google algorithms can sometimes consider your tags as spam in such cases.
- Limit the use of stop words in your titles as they have no value as a keyword. Can run the risk of search engine algorithms viewing your title as spams. Stop words generally consists of articles (a/an & the, etc.). Prepositions (on, it, etc.), pronouns (me, he/she, etc.), conjunctions (and, or, but, etc.) and other parts of speeches.
- If you go through various search results on the first pages of the different search engines. like, Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc. you will find that the first few title tags always have numerals in them. Thus, the next time you make content with a list, make sure to include a numeral (like “8 tips…” or “5 ways…” etc.) in your title tag.
As the saying goes “practice makes a man perfect”. So, in this case, keep practicing with the above tips and tricks. After your first writing until you can perfect yourself.
If you are looking to get the most of your on-page strategy. Never neglect the small tweaks that add up to the big picture: better and higher SEO rankings. Even so, some titles are always a must-have as they account for the nomenclature of your page. Whereas others though they are not vital, can take you one step ahead of your competitors. Small changes in improving user experience search engines understand the content better.
Also, Read- Promote website in 10 different ways